Saturday, April 10, 2010

Today was my favorite kind of day, I spent all afternoon and the better part of the evening working on sewing projects that I needed to catch up on. First up were Lizard beds and hair clips. Both for a birthday party my oldest attended this afternoon.



Then I drooled over the Robert Kaufman Cuddle I got in this week...


Then I sewed the ring sling for the winner of my 100 followers giveaway. It even has a pocket for keys or a diaper.


Last up a curtain for my bathroom made from more, you guessed it, Robert Kaufman fabric. This one is Sophia Lawn I believe and no longer available. I was saving it for a skirt but this way I will get to admire it everyday. I may add a wood dowel at the bottom so it hangs better when it's up.



There you have it. That is a days worth of sewing from me. :) Have a great night.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your blue ring sling!!! It's so pretty! All that extra fabric would be a great breastfeeding shield too. Wow... my little Hot Slings aren't so hot to me now. HAHA

Dee said...

Whoops... That last comment about how I love your sling was from me. Clicked enter too fast... sorry!

Take care!
Dee :)

Leslie said...

i love your ring sling!!! it looks beautiful

CynthiaK said...

Oh, if only I were so crafty! Those are all so fantastic!

Julia Gabriel said...

Thank you everyone. :)

jennyonthespot said...

Hi! We recenly connected on Twitter and then I saw your comment on another blog and I thought I'd come say hi! Your sewing - I am soooo impressed!Trying to keep my coveting to a minimum here :) I have a friend who blogs, tweets and sews... gonna hop on Twitter and introduce the two of you :)

Sew Can Do said...

That is my favorite kind of day too! And wow to all the pretty stuff - you've done a great job. Thanks for linking to my Craftastic party & I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hey checking out some new blogs! Wanted to let you know about mine, Mom State of Mind, come on over and visit. Do you like giveaways? Come enter mine!

Skooks said...

The sling and the curtain look great! I love that print. :)