Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Been a busy week getting ready for the beach and tackling a few of the sewing projects on my list. I have been busy finishing adjustable waist pants, hats a cast cover for the beach (still working on design), and a solarveil dress for the littlest one. Enjoy the pictures and I hope you get inspired.

First the pants. I use the tutorial here and then widen the thigh hip measurements by one and make the legs longer so I can fold. I also add 2 button holes and used the adjustable elastics so I get maximum use out of the pants ;)

My model decided he was done. LOL.

This is the Bush hat from this tutorial, although I don't follow instructions well and used it only as a guide. I ended up with the brim too big so modified it. I now call it a design feature and G loves it!

And I loved this tutorial. So easy to follow, quick and turns out so nice.


And todays solarveil dress. I used the tutorial from Blueprints again. And again I used it as a guide but went off on my own tanget fairly quickly. I added a snap on hood and decided the elastic wasn't working so put in a ribbon. V won't be going near water so We'll see how it all works when we get there.



No comments: